Accessibility adjustments have been made to this website in accordance with the recommendations of the Israeli standard (TI 5568) and content accessibility on the Internet at the AA level in combination with the recommendations of the WCAG2.0 document published through the international organization W3C that deals with standardization on the Internet.
The adjustments made on the site were tested using the most common browsers: Google Chrome and Internet Edge. In order to have a pleasant and optimal browsing experience with screen reader software, we recommend using the latest version of NVDA software.
In order to make the site accessible to people with disabilities, a large number of actions were carried out, including:
- A striking and clear visual adjustment when hovering over the main menu on the site.
- Using appropriate visual contrast between the color of the text and the color of the background.
- A convenient and simple website structure to operate with the mouse and the keyboard.
- A complete and detailed site map that includes all the shovel pillars for better orientation.
- Providing a quick option to move to the main content on the page when pressing the TAB key or Shift + TAB.
- Use of an accessibility plugin that contains a wide range of options for adjusting the visibility and use of the website according to the user’s needs.
Adjustments made on the site for surfers using screen reader software:
- There is an alternative text suitable for the product images on the website.
- Use of detailed and clear page titles in accordance with the information contained therein.
- Use of appropriate titles within all website pages.
- Use of aria rules for adapting the various elements to a screen reader.
- Use of simple and clear language on all website pages.
Using a keyboard and mouse
Among various actions on the keyboard and mouse there are also these actions that can be performed:
- You can increase the text a little each time by simultaneously pressing the keys “Ctrl” and “+” (control and plus), or alternatively “Ctrl” and turning the mouse wheel forward.
- You can make the text a little smaller each time by simultaneously pressing the “Ctrl” and “-” keys (control and minus), or alternatively “Ctrl” and turning the mouse wheel backwards.
- Pressing the Tab key will move between the links to the next link, pressing the “Shift” and “Tab” keys at the same time will move to the previous link. Pressing Enter will activate the highlighted link/button.
Using the accessibility component (accessibility plugin)
As part of the website’s accessibility process, a plugin was implemented which is an accessibility component that allows convenient use and improvement of the user’s experience on the website and its adaptation to people with disabilities.
Browsing the website using the accessibility plugin is recommended using the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. When using other browsers that are not updated, there may be compatibility issues between the required action and the actual change within the site.
User guide for the accessibility component (accessibility plugin) installed on the website:
When pressing the tab button (TAB) on the keyboard once, you can go to the main content of the site and thus skip the top menu according to the user’s desire.
After clicking on the accessibility icon on the website or navigating to the icon using the TAB button on the keyboard, the plugin’s accessibility menu opens.
The accessibility menu includes the following adjustments in the following order:
- Changing the text size on the site.
- Changing the colors of the site to shades of gray.
- Use of high color contrast in all parts of the site.
- Use of low color contrast in all parts of the site.
- Use of a light background within the site.
- Highlight all links.
- Changing the site’s font to a more readable and accessible font.
- A button to reset all adjustments made using the plugin.
Yael’s library has invested a lot of effort so that a person with a disability has the ability to use the website in an accessible, equal, enjoyable and experiential way.
Special adjustments have been made to this website using the latest and most suitable technology for the needs of our customers and website surfers.
However, it is important to note that there may be certain elements that are not fully accessible or are in the process of being made accessible to people with disabilities.
If you come across a component that is not accessible on the site, we invite you to contact us, and we will make sure to check and improve it as soon as possible.
Inquiries about accessibility
For further inquiries, questions, or special requests regarding website accessibility, you can contact us by the following means:
The accessibility statement was updated on July 12, 2023